lørdag den 13. juli 2013

The beginning!

Finally I got myself together to start this blog. This is solely dedicated to Rammstein, my thoughts and little scibblets about the band. Firstly I must state that this blog has nothing officially to do with the band, this is only my tiny space for my opinions and feelings. As most of my surroundings are close to ripping my head off because I fail to ever stop ranting once I get started. Yup!


Introducing myself and my relationship to Rammstein; My name is Kattie, I’m from Denmark and I’m 20 years old. Music is my passion, but I also love photography, drawing, singing and playing piano and guitar, writing, reading, baking and playing all sorts of geeky computer games. My passion for Rammstein started way back in 2001, when I casually walked past my 6 years older brothers’ room and heard the cellos of Mein Herz Brennt play, and felt myself oddly drawn to it. I sat down and listened throughout the entire Mutter album, and since then the obsession only went on and on. I thought that Mutter was their best of-album, but soon I was to find out that it was simply the standards of Rammstein. After learning German in school, Rammsteins music drew me to German culture and history, which has cleared my path to study History in University and perhaps German as my second subject. Rammstein functions as my source of inspiration when I write, draw, and a rare time or two create music.



In the later years I have become the newswriter on the Danish fansite, Sehnsucht.dk. I have tried to involve and devote myself as much as possible to the band, especially their singer and writer, poet; Till Lindemann. Poems from his collection “Messer”, may or may not (Yeah, right) occur here on the blog. Most likely, since I find myself reading one or two every day.

This blog will focus on my personal interpretations of lyrics, music, poems and atmosphere, nothing official unless I state it. Photos and videos will accompany my posts every now and then, and I will try to only update when I actually have something insolent to say, rather than mindless ranting about how much I love the band. Even though I am sure that the latter will happen more than I plan it will.
So here it goes! Lindemanns Engel is officially kickstarted. More to come very soon! 


Ingen kommentarer:

Send en kommentar